Sunday, 13 September 2015

Summer Fun

I love volunteering and it's a big part of why I'm so happy! This summer I did a couple of different things, I helped at the Williamson Art Gallery running art workshops for young people aged 8-15 from the local community. It was really fun, we made coil pots and decorated them, also little animals out of clay and did some drawings with different materials including clay, charcoal and salt. It was really fun teaching the children how to work with clay and manipulate it in different ways. There confidence grew a lot over the four days and they all ended up with beautiful pots and drawings! Here's a couple of the animals I made.. 


I also helped out at the Pop up art shop ran by Wirral Methodist Housing. It was a really fun pop up shop allowing people in Birkenhead of all ages come into the shop and take part in different activities like making hats, boats and painting. It was a very successful summer and I mastered making the paper hat! 


At the end of the week there was a parade where all the children could bring a long what they made and walk through Birkenhead led by a piper and me dressed in a cardboard boat! 



No comments:

Post a Comment