Sunday, 13 September 2015

Getting a little creative..

I was given a 'new' desk, which was actually really old and in a terrible colour, so I decided to jazz it up a little. And then I got carried away so I jazzed it up A LOT but it was a wonderful few days!! I used my washi tape collection to add some funky designs to the side and middle, and then had the whacky idea of turning into a chalk board. It would just be really easy for when I'm sewing on my machine and need to write down some measurements if I had a chalk board to write it on quickly, so that's what I created! using chalk board paint (an ingenious invention!) I made a decent size of my desk into a chalk board.
 
I have a stack of magazine taller than my little sister in my bedroom which I have been collecting over the last five or six years, I love rooting through them when I need a bit of inspiration so I thought the perfect thing to do would be to use bits from the magazines to create an inspirational desk. So that when I'm working and getting stuck, I just look down and inspiration will flood through me. So I got a lot of different quotes from the magazines and some colorful pictures a long with random text. I like ripping up text and sticking them down because you get different sentences which weren't originally written so it can be quite fun to find different things. 




I'm in love with my desk, maybe it wasn't the best idea because since it's been done I just can't stop looking at it!! So so far there hasn't been much work being done on it, but hopefully there will be soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment