I always struggle coming up with new ideas for Birthday presents. I think I put a lot of pressure on myself because I can never just buy a simple thing to give, I always need to make something special for that person. I think especially for close friends/family it's nice to make something so that you can show how much you appreciate them being in your life and most importantly make them smile! SO here's my creation this time..
I bought a photoframe from asda and then decorated it in washi tape, which is such a simple way to jazz soemthing up and so easily done! But you could use anything, old wrapping paper or even paint it! Then I tired some string around the back to give a washing line effect. One of my favoutire things is bunting so that's what I chose to do here. I made a template on word of some flags, then printed them off and wrote different messages on them which can be pegged onto the string.
Then I made different messages for each month of the year, which my friend could open and peg on. I made some of the messages personal to our friendship, some were motivational which I hope that on bad days she can look at and it will help make the bad days a little brighter, and others were just a little bit of fun!
Overall I'm really happy with this present, as it's personal and a little different. A lot of time and effort went into it but it was worth it to see the smile on her face when she opened it! Hopefully it will keep making her smile all year!


No comments:
Post a Comment