Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Love Letters

I was asked to design and decorate a postbox for a couples wedding in May so that people could post cards/gifts. It was a really fun project to do but I also felt quite a lot of pressure because it's such a specail day for them that I wanted it to be really perfect. 

They both love travelling and have been to a lot of places together, they also love butterflies so I decided to combine them both together. There are 15 big butterflies on the postbox because it's 2015, each made from a different map of somewhere they have been together. The butterflies were sewn on the machine together as well as 30 smaller butterflies. The massage in the middle was made to look like a stamp, so it all flowed together with the theme. 

Overall I'm so pleased with the result, I think it's really beautiful and so personal to them! When I gave it to them they were speechless and almost cried.. so job well done I think! 




No comments:

Post a Comment